W Elder Scrolls Online gracze wszystkich 3 frakcji mogą wybrać jedną z 4 klas postaci:
– Choosing your class in TESO grants you access to a set of basic skills specific to that class. However, it’s important to know that no matter the class, you’ll be able to use any armor or weapon in-game, without any restrictions. TESO has a similar system as the previous Elder Scrolls games, allowing the player to level up weapon mastery for any weapon type, increasing the damage done with that weapon. Mastering a weapon can unlock additional alternative melee attacks that can be slotted.
– Players can use any armor types present in-game either Light Armor, Medium Armor or Heavy Armor or they can choose to wear a mixture of 2 or even all 3 types.
– Players can unlock an extensive array of abilities, but they can only choose to use 6 of them actively. The active skills can be changed at any given time (even during combat), allowing the player to adapt to different situations.
– The main attributes of the game are Health (hitpoints) , Magicka (mana) and Stamina (the resource for weapon abilities and evades). For each level-up, the player can add one point into one of these 3 resources, increasing that attribute’s pool and defining the style of combat for that character.
– Perks are also present in Elder Scrolls Online and can be compared to talents from other MMOs. Perks are the pillars of character development, providing substantial benefits to the overall character progression.
– Class skills, weapon attacks and ultimate abilities level up as you use them in combat. As your mastery improves, the skill type increases and more powerful versions will be unlocked. Higher skill level in a given tree increases the number of abilities a character has access to within that tree.
– While all classes have a basic proficiency with every weapon and armor type, advanced offensive and defensive abilities are unlocked through advancing in the relevant skill trees and using skill points to unlock and upgrade their abilities.
– There are seven confirmed varieties of skill trees within the game: Class, Weapon, Armor, Racial, World, Guild, and AvA (Alliance vs Alliance). In some cases, these specific categories are further broken down. Each class features 3 trees and AvA has also 3 skill trees. Lycanthropy and Vampirism are also present in-game, as an optional quest given skill tree.
– Individual abilities can also be morphed into more advanced versions of their basic form. An ability can be morphed by spending an additional skill point after leveling the that specific ability through 5 ranks. Morphing (transforming) allows the player to choose between two advanced skills but this decision can be respecced.
– There are 6 different types of weapon in-game: one handers, shields, two handers, bows, destruction staves and restoration staves. Each of these categories contains a variety of weapons such as swords, daggers, maces, fire/lightning staves (from destruction staves).
- The Dragonknight is an offensive warrior with many controlling abilities. Dragonknights emphasize direct assaults wielding fire-based spells, preferring to engage and dispatch their foes in melee. The Dragonknight has a combination of damage-dealing, damage absorbing, and armor enhancing abilities.
- The Templar is a stalwart defensive fighter, calling upon the power of the sun to damage foes and heal allies. Templars are less offensive than the Dragonknight, but have additional tools that are useful for survival of both themselves and their allies.
- Sorcerers are offensive magicka wielders, channeling elemental attacks to destroy their foes. The Sorcerer class has three damage-dealing skill sets to draw from: Dark Magic grants stuns, disorients, knockbacks, and other types of crowd-control, Daedric Summoning offers combat pets, damage shields, and curses, and Storm Calling gives pure damage-based abilities.
- Details regarding the Nightblade class have not yet been announced, but we know it will be a finesse based assasin style archetype.